Friday, December 06, 2013

No Trespassing

Copyright -Randy Mazie
Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

It was a hard task but he stepped forward tentatively.  A fence now stood in place of open spaces.  A tree of thorns prevented him from climbing in.  Spiky straggling bushes with blood red flowers were taking over.  The wooden planks closed the gaps and he could only grasp the cold metallic bars.

“Leave,” she said, “Ever since you cheated, a ‘No Trespassing’ sign, has sprung up in my heart”.    
**
Written for Friday Fictioneers.  Word Count: 100      
           

Song extract from "LastChristmas" by George Michael

5 comments :

  1. I love that song:-)Nice take on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Subroto,

    Good for her and nice take on the prompt.

    shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:26 am

    Good job on translating the photo into a metaphor.

    janet

    ReplyDelete